Saturday, April 5, 2008

10 Minutes


Anything can be accomplished ten minutes at a time.

I spent my ten minutes working in the yard today. I should have everything completed by 2019.

Hubby tried to clear out some of the downed limbs, but the chainsaw wouldn't cooperate. He takes is personally when he can't get mechanical things to behave properly.

We transplanted bulbs and a redbud that decided to take root next to the house. The tap root was under the foundation so it had to be chopped away - we couldn't get it out of the ground. We planted it anyway. Its future is dim, but it might surprise us.

I also cleaned off some of the mess from the back porch. It seems to be an outside "catchall," much like the kitchen table in the house. Eventually, Alatariel announced that she was baking cookies and needed more flour. I had to stop playing in the mud and go to the grocery store.

4 comments:

Aunt Jo said...

Every minute counts. I love working outside.

Our patio table seems to be the outside catch-all around here. I hate it.

SchnauzerMom said...

Were the cookies good?

Annie said...

At least you don't have to climb over it to get into the house! :D

Annie said...

Mini chocolate chip with walnuts - yummers! She's talked about being a baker when she "grows up."