Today is Hubby's birthday. He's now as old as I am. That would roughly be the age of dirt, rocks, or oceans.
Yesterday he finished all the laundry for me. All that's left is the last load to fold and put away. I was the one to rescue it from the dryer, so it's all hanging over the dryer door. That's how I do laundry......
I managed to complete and turn in a few accounting problems. I'm in the middle of Chapter 6 ("Oh, yeah, I remember that one!" you say) and have one problem that I can't match the check sum. I was getting pretty annoyed with it, when Hubby came in and said he was ready to go to town and have his birthday dinner (a previously planned event).
We went to Barnes and Noble to make good use of a 40%-off CD coupon. He got some Hippie Drug Music (Velvet Revolver, etc). Ala and I bought Chopin, Peer Gynt, and she picked up a third classical CD. She had a Big Bands collection in her hand, but decided to pass on that. I remarked that we were a goofed up family - the teenager should be buying the rebellious music, while Mom & Dad should be getting the fuddy-duddy music. Hubby feigned offense that I called his selections Hippie Drug Music.
Afterwards, we had dinner at Outback. Hubby took the opportunity to eat all the forbidden foods: cheese fries and red meat. Dinner was good (their green beans are too tasty) and also a lot more than we anticipated. Had I realized that our three Cokes alone would run $6.50, I would have ordered water! Oh, well, Hubby only gets old once.
We all piled in the truck to go home, as it was now pushing 9 PM and everything was closed. Hubby turned the key, and the truck said "Grrrrr!" Oops! Tried again. "Grrrrr!" He blanched. "Grrrrr!" No starter, sounds like. He poked around under the hood. One of the restaurant employees came over to see what was up. "Grrrrr!" said the truck. "Starter," he said.
I called AAA for a tow, to find out that they could only take two of us home. Hmmmm. Who gets to stand on the street corner in the cold, biting wind for two hours while the other gets home and returns to pick 'em up? Hubby didn't have a jacket. I only had a sweater.
AAA called back and said one tow company would bring two trucks to take us all home. Ok, that works. Only problem, that company can't get there for another hour. It's now 9:45.
The tow truck finally showed up about 10:30, and the sweetest young couple took us home. They had an extended cab truck so we could all pile in together. The best thing: they didn't smoke and they didn't smell.
I had to cancel the dog appointment this morning.
Just another bump in the road.
Happy Birthday, Hubby!
Museums
12 years ago

4 comments:
Wow what a birthday! Some good things and some not so good. At least you all got home in one piece. I was a weird teenager, I loved classical music, still do.
But wait! It gets even BETTER!
I could have swore I left a comment.
Happy Birthday to Hubby!
I think your stars are mis-aligned or something. I hope it gets better quick.
I'll tell him. I hope the stars line up soon, too!
Post a Comment