Monday, March 31, 2008

You Must Be An Okie

If the weatherman says, "There's rotation and lowering of the clouds which indicates the strong possibility of tornadic activity in the area. Take necessary precautions....."

And the kids run outside to go wading followed by Ma & Pa who take pictures and stare at the sky.

2 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

This reminds me, last year we had a funnel cloud forming over the city on the west side. One of the ministers of my church said he was standing out in his yard with his little boy and all his neighbors were all standing out there watching it. It wasn't until later he thought "why am I standing out here?" They all survived.

Annie said...

In 1993 (or thereabout), we had a nasty tornado here that plowed right down I-40 on the east side of Tulsa. The damage was horrible and a lot of people were killed. I was working for a dentist at the time whose office was in a high rise building. We went up to the roof to watch the storm. Yup, I'm an Okie!