Monday, April 7, 2008

Surprise!

My trip to the post office today yielded not only my Quickbooks software, but a surprise from Aunt Jo! I was tickled pink to find this special treat:
I took my lovely new vintage pillowcase into Alatariel's room to put it on her bed to photograph (she has the cute iron day bed that you can't see anyway), and she got all excited thinking I was giving it to her! Sorry, sweetie, maybe next time.

I'm having a hard time with the taxes this year. Hubby won't give up doing the books, but he doesn't allocate expenses the way they should be. I suppose I could review things throughout the year, but that would take planning and organization on my part.

I brought Callie in the house today. She's such a sweetheart that I hate leaving her outside to live under the house and eat Dollar General cat food while her kids are pampered and eating pet store food. She took to house life quite readily. Hubby doesn't seem to mind Callie so I hope he doesn't object if she moves in permanently.

We got the AC fixed today. It was only a misplaced wire on the new thermostat. We also had the truck towed to the mechanic who has reported that it is nothing serious (but that still cold net a coupla hundred dollars when nothing serious is fixed....)

The Dish is still wacky. No DVR for Y&R, which means I miss it more often than not. My only television addiction.... sigh.

Ala has requested I tuck her in. I thought she would have tired of this ritual long ago but she still asks every night. Sometimes I get lost on the internet and forget about it (bad Mommy!).

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

3 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

That pillow is very pretty! Callie looks so happy! I hope she gets to stay inside too.

Aunt Jo said...

I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

Annie said...

Absolutely!

I haven't even known Callie is in the house most of the time. She's several years old and she just lays around and sleeps all the time.