Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, So Good To Me!

A scorcher of a day today! The temperature was knocking at 100 degrees with drowning humidity.

6 AM wakeup call and 7AM clock in at the dollar store. Work today was fun, even though it's a total drain. Walking outside to gather shopping carts - less than one minute outside - had me covered in perspiration. Whew! Sure felt good to walk back in to the air conditioned building!

When I got home, hubby had cleared most of the fallen branches and run them through the chipper! What a hard worker he is! We had to return the chipper within the house, so I had to pry him out of the back yard to shower and dress for the trip to town.

Afterwards, Alatariel and I took Hubby out for Father's Day dinner - his choice was Mack's Grill for burgers and beer. He wanted to see the Indiana Jones movie, however we couldn't find one that didn't require an hour's wait. So after a couple of errands, we came home.

We watched Charlotte's Web this evening - the new one with Julia Roberts as the voice of Charlotte. It was quite cute!

This is tacky.... I shouldn't even admit it. But! My mother-in-law is a compulsive lawn-mower. Every week she mows, whether it's grown or not. She mows twice for every one time I mow. She uses our John Deere riding mower, and while she refills the gas tank, she's never offered one penny toward maintenance of the machine. It's gotten to be a game; when she calls to borrow the mower, I tell her I was just walking out the door to mow. Thursday night last week, I was mowing my yard in anticipation of The Call, when suddenly the belt flew off and the blades subsequently came to a screeching halt. Oopsie! Hubby noticed that, when I started the mower and engaged the blades, it just didn't sound right from the start. Guess who had mowed last? Not me..... When The Call came in the next morning, I was down the drive with the mower loaded in the back of the truck, taking it to the repair store. This is tacky, but I got just a little bit of pleasure knowing she couldn't mow. So - do I hit her up for half the repair bill?

Now it's time to end the day. My feet hurt and I want to get an early start tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Don't you just hate it when people borrow stuff and it comes back damaged? We're want to see the Indiana Jones movie too, just haven't gotten around to it.

Aunt Jo said...

My FIL is the same way. He tends to borrow, break, and then never return though.

Annie said...

If I can gripe a little more, we bought a canopy for the riding mower so I wouldn't get burned every time I mowed the East Forty. First time she used the mower, she ran the canopy into the clothes line pole and broke it. She said, "Accidents happen!"

>:(