I've been invited to an induction. My granddaughter-to-be is past due, anywhere from one week to one day, who can say? "She can't stay in there this long!" my intelligent but lacking-in-common-sense son said. I think it's more along the lines of, "The doctor doesn't want to risk making a delivery in the middle of the night, so we're going to schedule it for his/her convenience."
My SIL was induced a few years ago on Dec 30 so she could claim the baby on that year's tax return. The child before that was induced so the doctor could go on vacation.
This practice sickens me. I'd like to take my son by the shoulders and shake him violently. I'd like to slap some sense into his wife. They are intelligent people to be so stupid.
I'm not attending any prearranged birthings. It just goes against the grain.
Museums
12 years ago

4 comments:
What ever happened to letting nature take it's course? That baby will come when it's time.
I blame the doctor just as much or more than the parents in this situation.
That does seem to be happening a lot. Don't want to "inconvience" anybody.
I've been told in subtle ways by him and his wife that I'm just a little on the stupid side, so what do I know? Sadly, I didn't raise him to be beholden to the medical profession, but his wonderful MIL, an RN, does no wrong and walks on water while she raises the dead, so I'm sure this has her blessing.
I'm not bitter. I just cling to my guns and my religion. :)
My youngest was two weeks late (he's now 17) and the doc said that he'd come when he was ready!
Maybe different doc and different hospitals have different ways of doing things?
I like the parents who wait to even find out what it is--takes the mystery out of it.
Post a Comment