I've spent the evening going thru photos of kitties and putting some together in a web album to send to potential adoptive kitty-parents. It's getting tough. The cats I've adopted out so far have been the ones I wasn't too attached to. Now I'm getting into my "kids." It's coming down to drawing names out of a hat to see who goes and who stays. It's killin' me.
All the people who were interested in the pups have fallen off the earth. Seriously, no one is responding, with the exception of one person who suddenly is looking for pups who are 6-8 weeks old. OK, folks, you can see by the picture in the ad that these dogs are NOT babies. Why do they respond if they aren't serious? Drives me to drink!
I had some country style ribs in the fridge that were going to so South if they didn't get cooked. I sprinkled them with one of the McCormick grinders (pepper, garlic, salt, who knows what else), seared them, then cooked @ 300 degrees for a few hours. I'd forgotten how good country style ribs are! I usually buy a package, freeze individually, and use one to season soup. But dinner tomorrow is going to be 15 points and 10,000 utils!
We didn't bother to go to OKC today to get MIL's key to her new retirement home. It's been rescheduled for Monday. I didn't care to drive over and back in intermittent rain storms, and I do want to take a load of her things over when we go. No point in wasting a trip, right?
Later in the week, we'll get a U-Haul and find some buff guys at the church to come load the rest of her things. Buff guys. Yeah, right.
Three weeks ago, I asked my mother to do something about her mobile home that's been sitting vacant in my back yard for almost two years. She said, "Oh, I'll get around to it in the next few weeks." I got rather testy with her and told her that I wanted it done before the spring rains came and the ground got too soggy to move it. I don't want to be sitting here next July waiting for the ground to dry (if this year proves to be anything like the past two or three) so we can move her house. She promised she'd take care of it this week. Well, this week came and went, and now our place is soggy wet, and more rain is in the forecast for the end of the week. I don't really know what I can do about this without paying to move and store the thing myself. Even though it's on my property, it's not my house, so no one will talk to me. Next time I want to take in strays (animals, family, whatever), somebody knock some sense into me!
Museums
12 years ago

2 comments:
You're just a softy at heart.
I agree on the familial strays...But the others? I'd do the same danged thing. I know it has to be tearing your heart out. Hold on darlin'. Gotta get that place sold!
Post a Comment