We went to the fair on Sunday. Rain came mid-morning, not late afternoon like the Most Accurate Weather Forecaster had predicted. We stayed in the Expo building (excuse me, Quik Trip building) and never ventured out on the Midway nor to the stock barns. Probably just as well. No one wanted to ride rides with me, and Ala gets pretty cranky in the barns.
I found a Flexi 8 vendor and bought 3 hair toys. She had them 3/$33. Can't pass up a deal. Saved $9 over regular price. They're pretty, but I don't find them as wonderful as everyone seems to think. The thick, blunt tip of the stick makes it hard to weave. I would have designed it a little differently, but, they didn't ask me.
Alatariel got a corn dog. That was her primary fair mission. I got a new cell phone. That was my primary fair mission.
We'd looked at phones a few weeks ago, and the girl at the USCC store told us that the Razr2 would probably be on sale at the fair. Sho-nuff, it was a cool hundred bucks off.
History - Hubby and Alatariel both have new Sansa MP3 players. I have Hub's coupla-years-old ipod shuffle that he got free at the Super Bowl. It's functional, however, there is no way to manage music, you just listen as it's played. The Razr has an MP3 player and allows music management. That's what I wanted. Pricey, but the fair special on the phone made it just a bit more than the Sansa, and it made one less accessory to carry around. Also, this particular phone doesn't have retarded buttons. I hate retarded phone buttons.
So, back to the fair.... the phone is half price. That's the one I want. Ala has wanted a Kyocera Strobe forever, and it was 1 cent. We got MIL a flip phone for a penny - she was having battery issues with hers. So it was down to hubby. He spent half an hour picking up all the phones, looking at them, putting them down. Blue tooth was his requirement so he could do the earplug thing on the road. They all had blue tooth. So ya know which one he finally settled for? Mine. He griped and fussed because it was so expensive, then decided to get himself one, too. Men.
I put away a large pile of clutter today. Guess what I found under it???? I found a dining table! I'm so excited! I forgot I had one! Now I have a place to lay out fabric for cutting.
Next step - cut a swath to the closet in the bead room where I stashed the fabric. (The bead room is the crafting room/sewing room where all the misc junk in the house gets thrown during house cleaning binges)
I have completed my ebay shopping spree for the time being. I'm going this afternoon to pick up a box of Fenton milkglass at the ebay store in town. I have a turquoise and a red compote coming, and that's all for now. (got to pay for those phones next month)
Museums
12 years ago

1 comment:
I had a chance to try out a flexi-8 that was in a swap box. This was back when my hair was longer. I wasn't impressed with it. My hair was broken off by the beads on the thing. Lots of people like them though. Sounds like you had a good time.
Post a Comment