This is another cat tail.....
Night before last, I was topping up the dishwasher right before bed time, when La interrupted my joyful housekeeping chores with news that my precious, beloved kitties had messed up the living room curtains.
To say they messed them up is an understatement.
One end of the drapes was pulled out of the loopey-thingies of the traverse rod and just dangling by a hook or two. But the valance.... oh, my.... was off the wall, and kinda dangling at a 90-degree angle from the center support. Closer examination revealed that the 4" wide rod was bent. Even closer examination revealed that they didn't disconnect it from its mount. No, they ripped it out of the wall, anchor and all. Obviously, one of my fat cats decided there was a bug on the ceiling that needed to become dessert, so he decided to make the draperies into his personal climbing device. Good thing Hubby had retired for the evening. Yep. Really good thing.
I was up pre-dawn yesterday removing curtains from the windows. My excuse: having them cleaned and packing them away for the move. I'll find something (or make something) inexpensive to cover the windows in the interim. Now I just need to patch the hole in the wall and get the broken rod out of the house and into the garbage before some cats lose their lives.
Well, I was in quite a state, very extremely completely and totally hacked at those dumb cats. The first thing I did after disguising the damage was to list Nut and O on Cragislist. I had a taker in under 2 hours.
Most people who want to adopt cats are very excited about the prospect of bringing in a new family member. This person simply emailed, "I'll take them." Subsequent emails were just as nonplussed. No information, no background, nothing. I offered to deliver the cats so I could make sure this was a suitable place. No, she wanted to meet at a convenience store in town. This wasn't making me feel comfortable. I left the arrangement uncommitted, expecting her to call this morning. She didn't, probably because the conversation originated from her work email, and she must not have thought to take my phone number home. At this point, I've pulled the cat ad, and I'm probably going to cancel the adoption unless she gives me some warm fuzzy background.
Oh, yeah, if you click on the ad photo, you can read it, and yes, I cried all day yesterday.
I'm going to trap feral cats and deliver them to a person up the road who needs barn cats. She has inside kitties so I feel like she'll care for her outside kitties, too.
As for the rest of the evening, I think I'll see how much cat hair I can vacuum up before the thing clogs up.
Museums
12 years ago

4 comments:
You're such a good kitty mama. I wouldn't be comfortable with that person taking the cats either.
I couldn't give kitties away to someone that didn't give me the warm fuzzies either.
So how's the packing coming?
Such a hard thing to come to the decision to do, isn't it? We've decided to rehome our two youngest dogs after all. Not without regret, but our quality of life is shot, seriously, and they have destroyed this new mobile home. We've only been here since October and the rugs are simply ruined.
I wrote an ad for Craigslist but M said that you couldn't put pets on Craigslist...? So he put them on petfinder.com. I know I will be crying myself if they go, but enough is enough too.
Good call on not just giving the kitties to any old body!
I have six boxes packed!!! I'm going to pack another today!!!
You can put pets on craigslist, but you can't sell them. You can charge an adoption fee but, obviously, it can't be very much. I was so angry that when I listed the cats, I did the pair for $20. I usually adopt for $30 each, which is about half of their vaccination and alteration fees.
My mother's Boston Terrier ate the corner off one of the kitchen cabinets and ate the baseboard in the guest bathroom. We have kitty claw marks on all the window sills, on the entertainment center, the desk, and Bitsy scratched up the carpet at the bedroom doors because she hated being separated from her people. The corners of the couch, loveseat and one recliner are snagged from being clawed. My piano has a heavy padded cover on it which never comes off. I think so far there's no damage, but the cats may have "customezed" the bench. When we move, I want a house that has a room which can be closed off so I can put my piano in it, enjoy it, and keep the cats off of it.
Post a Comment