Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

We won't be having a Christmas tree this year. Why? Twenty reasons. Three are snuggled up next to me: Ralphie, Nanu, and Patty. Another four are keeping my feet warm: TJ, Henry, Bear, and Cheerio. The other reasons are sleeping in other parts of the house. It's quiet for now. But in a few house, they'll all wake up and start catapulting off the walls providing hours of entertainment (peppered with moments to total annoyance).

Yep, I'm thankful for my cats. I still need to find homes for at least half of them, but I love 'em anyway. My dining room is a little fragrant (kittens seem to take a while for their brains to develop!), but I'm thankful for that Hoover carpet steam cleaner (FedEx brought it today!) that's going to remove those kitten oopsies this weekend! Yay!

I'm thankful for that rick of wood sitting outside in the damp, even though it's green because I couldn't get the hub to go get any last September when there was still seasoned wood around. Oh, well. Green wood burns, too, it just takes a little more work.

I've met some nice people through the dancing daughter's parent organization. Some are becoming what I would actually call "friends" and not just acquaintances. I have wonderful long-distance friends, but it's been a long time since I've had any local friends. It's nice.

I'm thankful for my hubby who is working hard while I futz around the house.

2 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

I understand why you don't have a tree, unless you want to decorate it with cat toys. Sounds like you have some good things to be thankful for!

Annie said...

Alatariel suggested a cat toy tree, too! I wanted to hang one from the ceiling, but I got "The Look" from hubby when I suggested it...