Saturday, October 4, 2008

Girls' Day Out

Hubby is spending the weekend at his dad's, which leaves the girls alone.... Dangerous thing.

Hubby took his dad to an air show at Vance AFB today. The Blue Angels were scheduled to perform, and Hubby wanted to get FIL a ride on the Pacific Prowler (B25 Mitchell bomber). Hub thought it would give his dad a thrill.... a stroll down WWII Memory Lane, so to speak. So, when Hub told FIL about the ride, FIL says, "Sure! If you go with me." Oh, my. Know how much those rides cost??? Well, it would make a good credit card commercial. Ride with 90-year-old Father in a Big Ol' Honkin WWII bomber: Priceless! I told Hubby that if he could make the ride with his dad, go for it. How many opportunities do you have to do that?

He can make it up to me at Christmas.

Alatariel and I hit Tulsa about 9 this morning and spent a good couple of hours in Kohl's shopping for Ala. She actually tried on clothes, which is a rare occasion. The outfit du jour was dancewear - Soffee shorts and some cute tees to wear with them.

Next: Lunch at Red Lobster where we cashed in a nice gift certificate that we won at the feis last month. Endless shrimp. Yummy!

On the way home, I saw a sign for an estate sale and parked the car to go take a look-see. Ala groaned and moaned until I told her that, with estate sales, you actually get to go in the house and prowl around. This caught her attention. She loves old house and old stuff - just like her mom.

Two estate sales and one garage sale later, we headed home with a crock pot, a large Sterilite tub crammed with fabric, an SAT for Dummies book, an old pillowcase with croched edging, and some nice white Wamsutta sheets that will become quilt backing. The prize of the day was a Corning blue cornflower 10 cup coffee percolator for $2.50.

Last stop on the way home was Home Depot where I invested in a very large box of heavy duty contractor trash bags and a large metal trash can. Can with liner is now sitting by the front door being filled with assorted clutter and trash that is not befitting Goodwill. A number of boxes are set up for recyclables. It's past time to unclutter the house. Besides, I promised Hubby I'd do some house cleaning while he was gone (it was getting pretty messy, and I hate cleaning when he's plopped in the middle of everything plugged in to football).

The junior kittens went to the vet yesterday for vaccinations and alterations. Maybe I can get rid of them now. The trip for seven cats was no small undertaking. Lucky me, the country vet comps their vaccinations when I bring in a load. Saved me around forty percent.

Alatariel had an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon yesterday, too. He wants to do another bone scan (I really don't like injecting her with radioactive junk) and possibly a pressure test to check for compartment syndrome. If that all comes back negative, then all her trouble is simply due to poor mechanics in her feet. In a nutshell, it'll take about three thousand dollars to find out she has floppy ankles.

1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

Sounds like everyone had a great day!

I hope you find homes for all the kitties!

I hope something can be done for your daughter's ankles!