Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No News Is Good News?

I finally got in to see the doc and get the official results of my blood & circulation tests. Results: Old, fat, and in pretty good shape considering. Unfortunately, nothing showed up that might be the culprit causing my neuropathy. Doc said he thinks micro-vas treatments would help, and if not that, then hyperbaric oxygen treatment.

Ka-ching!

I stopped in the dollar store and visited with the manager a bit. She took me all over the store and showed me the new things that are going on at the DG. More name brand grocery items, for starters. It looks like a real grocery store, not a haven for generic labels. She also inquired about the second job, to which I replied that I was about to tell 'em to take a hike. She asked me to come back if I left the other place. Nice to be wanted!

Tomorrow is the big day: Braces come off. Stay tuned for pictures of Alatariel's teeth.

Leaving Friday afternoon for OKC, the feis is all day Saturday, then Sunday we're cremating bratwurst on the grill at my brother's house. Dear sweet Hubby is staying home with the animals, bless his heart. Ala wants to take movies to watch; I'm considering packing up a sewing machine or two and leaving strings all over the hotel room as we'll have Friday and Saturday evenings to knock around. It all depends on how I feel when it comes time to pack the car.

1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

Medical care is soooo expensive. It's going to get to the point where only the rich can go to doctors.

Looking forward to seeing the teeth.

I hope you have a good time on your trip.