Saturday, May 24, 2008

Melt that credit card!

This evening, Alatariel and I dragged the old rabbit habitat out from under the back porch and gave it a wash down. It's been set up in the dining room (not used for dining but is Ala's classroom) and the kittens have been upgraded from cardboard to the plastic/wire cage. I think the cage was actually a ferret cage - we used it for a rabbit - so it's large and roomy.

Kitties have been living in cardboard that I brought home from the dollar store - got very yucky very quickly - set up in the guest bath, doors closed to keep the big cats out. They're now completely contained, safe from the big cats, but the big cats can see, sniff, and growl without hurting them. Integration, step one.

We melted plastic at Home Depot today. The intended purchase was a new tiller. The transmission on our old one froze a coupla years ago, and the repair cost was more than the replacement cost. I've been gardening on a reduced plan with a shovel and Ginsu knife (my rednek weed whacker) ever since. Tired of it. I want my big garden back. Unfortunately, they had no tillers in stock. One store has them on order, but they're overdue.

Instead, we replaced the broken wheel barrow, the broken chain saw, and I bought a jug of "ultra" Roundup to run the fence lines and around the house. The jug of Roundup wasn't marked but how much could it be, right?

Sixty-Seven dollars.

Damn weeds better stay dead for ten years.

2 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

Wow that Round Up is expensive stuff but it works great. DH put some around our house and the weeds and grass are dying nicely.

Annie said...

I must have gotten the uber-concentrated formula since the label says it'll cover 12,600 sq. ft. I can kill my entire yard and the neighbors' as well! :)