Tuesday, October 30, 2007

GOT GINSU?

Woo Hoo! I got GINSU! Yes, I bought a set of Ginsu knives. I have nothing but a bunch of pathetically dull knives in my knife drawer.... Except for a few Cutco pieces (can't afford more than a few) and two Ginsu knives that I bought at the fair more than a quarter-century ago. When I spotted this set of knives in a catalog, I snapped 'em up. I didn't even know Ginsu was still around. Mr. UPS delivered them yesterday. For cheap knives, you just can't beat 'em. Hubby laughed when I showed him my Ginsu set. I personally am very happy with them. The dull knives are going in the dust bin.

Mine are red. They look way cool on my counter.





The air conditioner in my car is getting fixed Friday. Finally! I won't be needing it a lot this late in the year, but Oklahoma afternoons can still get a little toasty no matter what the calendar says. We're delivering Sissy Kitty to #1Son this Saturday, so it'll be good to have air if we need it. It's miserable tooling down the Turner Turnpike to OKC with the windows down.

I made a quick stop in the Wal-Mart store in Okmulgee today and made a real find on the dollar fabric table: coordinates! I bought all that was left on 4 bolts - 15 yards worth. I also picked up one of the apron patterns that Aunt Jo uses.

My project for this evening is to try to unclutter the dining table and see if I can get something cut out. (Good luck to me!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you going to make with all that fabric? Sounds like fun. There is nothing like a fresh expanse of fabric, just waiting for inspiration to sew up into something wonderful.

SchnauzerMom said...

The knives look cool! My SIL gave me some Ginsu knives for Christmas a couple years ago.

Annie said...

Well, Seabear, I'm going to try the apron pattern that Aunt Jo used to make her niece's apron. After that, it'll probably go in the Rubbermaid storage container with all the other great fabric finds that are waiting for my creative inspiration to bloom!

Schnauzermom, how are the knives holding up after a couple of years?

SchnauzerMom said...

I have to confess that I'm not really impressed with them. Some of them are pretty dull. Oh well.

Annie said...

OH, that's too bad! I haven't used all that are in this set, yet, but so far they seem OK.... much better than the 4/$1.00 knives I got at Wal Mart!!

SchnauzerMom said...

Ooops! I looked at my knives that are dull and they are not the Ginsu ones, they are cheap ones that I've had for years. I bought an acorn squash today. I love those things but they are a bugger to cut open. I pulled out one of the large Ginsu knives and had no problem cutting the thing. So, I take back what I said earlier. I guess I should get rid of the cheap, dull ones.

Annie said...

Yay! My 4/$1 WalMart knives went in the trash today.