I found out today I do NOT have emphysema nor fibrosis. Ya know how much I've been sweatin' that one? Geesh. Next time someone wants to do a chest x-ray I think I'll tell 'em to stick it.
Alatariel is still trying to get the bipolar friend to go away. The friend is a guilt trip cruise director. I sat with Alatariel while she im'd with the girl this evening. It was amazing how she'd twist what Ala told her and then say things like "you're just saying those things to hurt me," and "you just don't like me." Well, with that kind of behavior, no, Ala does not like her. Yahoo kept signing Ala out, so she finally told the girl that she was signing off because she couldn't stay logged on. The girl replied, "You don't want to work this out. Our friendship is forever broken...." bla bla bla. Ala sent back, "Okay" and signed off. She says after she finally gets rid of this gal, she's never making friends with anyone else. Bless her heart - this has been quite a learning experience.
Before we left for the air show on Saturday, I was rummaging in the freezer for fresh batteries for the digital camera, which was balanced in one hand while I wrestled the battery package with both. Ooops! Camera went flying out of my hand and onto the floor, landing right on the lens cap and breaking off one tab. Minor annoyance, but not the end of the world. At the show, I took a couple of video clips of planes, and suddenly everything was out of focus. Major annoyance.
Today I took the camera to a repair shop to see what was up with the focusing mechanism. The man looked at it and said, "It's working fine, but the lens is gone." Oh. Crap. Guess where it is? Somewhere in a field next to the airport in Muskogee. Blast and damn.
Well, I may have goofed up, but Hubby trumped me. When he was mowing yesterday, he picked up a half-full can of paint and set it in the back of his pickup. Today he forgot to remove it before going to town and guess what..... It turned over... Lid came off.... Rivers of yellow paint in the bed of the pickup. He was so nonchalant when the told me what had happened. "Oh... yeah... I have a mess in the back of the truck...." If I'd done that, he'd have had my hide! What a goof.
Museums
12 years ago

4 comments:
I'm glad your tests turned out OK. Sounds like your daughter is showing very mature judgement in dealing with this other person. I guess a new camera is in order, you'll never find the lens to the other one.
Thanks, schnauzermom! I'm glad everything is OK, too!!
The girl's mother called me today and told me she was aware of what was going on and that she knew the girl was being unreasonable. That was comforting to know. Alatariel is thinking of patching things up, but setting boundaries for the friendship this time.
I've been shopping ebay for this particular camera. I think I'll be able to pick one up for parts pretty cheap and get mine fixed. From now on, I'll remember to keep the strap around my wrist, not dangling in the wind!
I'm glad to hear you're not afflicted. (That's what my granny would have said.LOL)
Too bad about the camera. I really need to shop for a new one, but I can't seem to stay out of the thrift store.
Me too! I'm breathing easier now.
I've found a few on ebay like the one I broke - Olympus Camedia C 700. I prefer it over our high priced Sony digital. The Camedia is a little slower, but I think the picture quality is much better.
Maybe you'll come across one in the thrift store? Next time I'm out that way, I'm going to have to check out this store!
Post a Comment